Our client is seeking to employ a BIW Stimulation Engineer to join the Mechanical Design team.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma.
- 5+ years’ experience in BIW cell design and simulation.
- Visual Components experience is required.
- Solidworks experience is a plus.
- Proficient in simulation setup and analysis.
- Proficient in 3D CAD modelling
- Good understanding of the fixture and tooling.
- Develop understanding of robotic cell requirements.
- Conceptualize and simulate robotic welding and assembly cells.
- Simulation of all moving components.
- Evaluation of cycle times.
- Reach checks and interference studies.
- Specification of system components.
- Interface with Customers, Vendors, Production Managers and Procurement to find optimal solutions.
- Read and interpret, technical drawings and schematics.
- Work to company CAD and PDM standards.