A medical technology company situated in Pretoria East is looking to employ a Technical Lead with 5 years’ experience to become an integral part of their IT department.
Manage front end, back end and mobile developers and engineers. Oversee the integrity and scalability of the company’s systems and systems design, as well as data security. Responsible for design, develop, modify, documents, tests, implements, installs, and supports software applications and systems.
- Senior Back End Developer
- Back End Engineer
- Android Developer x2
- Front End Developer
- Technical Tester
- Electronic Engineer
Qualifications and Experience Required
Minimum Education (essential)
- BSC Information Technology – Computer Science
Required Nature of Experience
- 5 years’ experience
- Line management
- System architecture design
- System development coordination
- Project management
- Project implementation management.
- Business Technical Analysis
- Process design and re-engineering
- Stakeholder engagement
- Risk management
- IT systems governance
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Development architecture
- API development (REST, RPC)
- HTML and CSS
- Java and/or Kotlin
- jQuery (AngularJS and Backbone JS)
Team Management 25%
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Identify need for team capacity increases.
- Maintain job description of team members and write new job descriptions for available positions within department.
- Interview potential hires within department and provide proactive and complete feedback to recruitment team members.
- Conduct technical assessments of potential employees in department.
- Conduct regular check ins with members of department to ensure employees are developed and challenged.
- Provide proactive feedback on systems and services to management.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Oversee quality of documentation for the department as a whole.
- Document as-built system designs.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
Project Management 15%
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Ensure product owners develop in line with product strategy.
- Efficiently and effectively deploy resources where and when needed.
- Plan development resource allocation, and deliver IT development projects in accordance with business priorities.
- Manage new implementation risks through coordination of system testing on new projects.
- Coordinate and resolve issues experienced in the production environment.
- Manage and improve development practices and standards.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Recognise and mitigate or reduce risks when identified.
- Escalate issues and high risks when necessary.
Software Engineering 50%
- Research, consult, analyse and evaluate system program needs.
- Identify technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods.
- Write and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards.
- Test, debug, diagnose and correct errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification.
- Write, update and maintain technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures.
- Ensure integrity of systems and databases.
- Uphold ethical standards within the systems engineering department.
Market related (Includes a guaranteed 13th cheque, risk benefit and pension fund contribution)