We have a vacancy for a qualified, experience Sonographer in the Pretoria area.
- Relevant qualification
- 5+ years experience as a Sonographer
- Ultrasound experience: Abdominal and pelvic, Small parts, Vascular, Echocardiography, Musculoskeletal
- Valid drivers' license and own transport
- Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of blood, organs, tissues and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations.
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Determine whether scope of exam should be extended, based on findings.
- Process and code procedures and complete appropriate documentation.
- Obtain and record accurate patient history, including prior test results and information from physical examinations.
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly.
- Record and store suitable images, connected to the ultrasound equipment.
- Coordinate work with physicians and other health-care team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
Maintain records that include patient information, sonographs and interpretations, files of correspondence, publications and regulations, and quality assurance records (e.g., pathology, biopsy, reports).
- Supervise and train students.
- Clean, check and maintain sonographic equipment, submitting maintenance requests as necessary.