Responsible for all phases of systems administration and support within a UNIX/LINUX environment. You will configure, install, administer, operate, upgrade, monitor, sustain, and support existing data centers, network, hardware, software, processes, applications, systems, peripherals, and other related infrastructure.
- 5 - 10 years experience in a similar role
- A qualification like an LPIC, Linux+, RHCSA, or the equivalent is not a requirement but would be beneficial.
- 2 years UNIX/LINUX systems administration preferable on SOLARIS
- Sound knowledge on SOLARIS 10/11 in a SPARC / INTEL environment
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Centre work experience
- Linux systems internals (RHL preferred) and kernel tuning
- VMWARE or other virtualization
- 3rd party SAN principles and configuration g. PURE, IBM V7000
- SUN SPARC, INTEL platforms experience
- Knowledge on Kubernetes and puppet/chef/ansible will be an advantage
- Knowledge of LDAP and AD
- Experience in Shell scripting, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Knowledge of High Availability concepts, Disaster Recovery and Replication
- Performance monitoring via utilities and commands
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, SOAP, HTTPS, HTTP, RADIUS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP).
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Responsible for the installation, upgrade, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- SAN zoning and provisioning
- Storage volume creation and allocation.
- Applying all appropriate security and firmware patches in a timely manner, and assisting in creating, maintaining, and adhering to the organization’s patch management plans.
- Maintaining and optimise all infrastructure components such as server hardware, storage systems, virtualisation platforms, software automation
- Scripting and automation of tasks.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Investigate, advise and test BCP/DRP procedures and actions.
- Test all measures to ensure a stable and secure environments
- Monitor system logs for preventative maintenance.
- Operate Backup software to ensure yearly, monthly, and daily backups complete for data protection
- Utilize change and incident management systems to achieve highly available enterprise systems.
- Will be required to work outside normal hours and be part of an out-of-hours on-call rotation.
- 6 month probation period will apply;
- Interviews will be scheduled via Teams. 2nd Interviews will be scheduled at the office and technical assessments will apply; and
- EE Candidates only and no foreign nationals