A software company situated in Pretoria East is seeking a Senior Java Developer with 3 years managerial level experience to join their team.
Education and Experience Required
Minimum education (essential):
National Senior Certificate
Minimum education (desirable):
Tertiary education diploma/degree relevant to software development
3 year degree in computer science or equivalent
Minimum applicable experience (years):
3 years (Management level beneficial)
Required nature of experience:
Hands on software developer having been responsible for the development and maintenance of 1 or more projects.
Skills and Knowledge
- Reactive programming
- Modular code design principles
- Restful API integration
Key Performance Areas
Application planning and development
- Be involved in the planning, design and development of Android applications.
- Work from wireframes, Android applications or specification documents to develop high quality Android applications.
- Develop smart and reusable application architecture.
- Follow best practice design and development methodologies in sustaining a high quality, clean, auditable and manageable system.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Institute smart analytics into applications and report on app usability and improvements to project lead
- Monitor app usability and crash logs and ensure bug fixes are deployed as soon as possible
Contribution to team
- Communicate effectively with team lead
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal stakeholders, using communications channels appropriately
- Contribute to the development of fellow team members
- Contribute innovative ideas to project and application plans and roll outs
- Take personal ownership for projects and products
Project planning and capacity management
- Estimate accurate completion timelines for projects for use by the project lead in capacity planning
- Provide input into the requirements documentation and assist in work breakdown to draft a proper timeline to plan the schedule and what is required
- Manage time and tasks effectively in order to complete tasks in the correct order of priority
- Manage time and tasks effectively in order to complete tasks on time
- Liaise effectively with other team members and backend engineers to ensure timeous completion of integration and the coming together of mobile applications and the required back end system
- Track tasks and timing on JIRA
Quality Management and Compliance
- Ensure continued improvement and upkeep on existing Android applications
- Ensure compliance with QMS frameworks for CE certification.
- Ensure products are developed accurately (i.e. according to specifications and end user requirements)
- Ensure products are developed efficiently (i.e. according to best practice and on time)
- Ensure testing is completed according to specification.
- Manage release schedule and release notes for Android applications.
R 65 000 - R75 000 CTC ( This includes a risk benefit contribution, pension fund contribution and 13th cheque)