PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
The Safety Officer must ensure that the company conforms to all client specifications and applicable legislation and to establish and maintain a safety awareness culture among the company management and workers.
- Matriculated candidate
- Health and safety courses/ safety management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ safety experience that should include developing, implementing, managing and auditing safety and risk control initiatives and programs.
- Knowledge of OSHA
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Projects.
- Excellent communication skills in English (Verbal and Written)
- Presentation skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Sound decision making.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management.
- Have an elevated sense of respect for safety procedures and regulations
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a good work ethic and be goal oriented
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality and privacy are essential