R & D Electronic Engineer (Electric Fence Systems), Meyerspark (Pretoria), R20 – 40 000 ctc (dep on exp)
- Grade 12
- Degree / Diploma in Electronic engineering
- 3 years exp in Research & Development
- 3 years exp in Electric Fence Systems / Security Systems would be advantage
- Database Knowledge and basic query writing skills (SQL)
- Project Management fundamentals
- Valid Code 8 Drivers Licence
- Non negotiable (must have exp in)
The incumbent will be responsible for the technical installation and commissioning of Electronic Security Solutions, Customer specification, Software configuration and expert configuration knowledge for optimum product value in all installed products. The incumbent will require the necessary certification in the different products sets as required and will ensure the installation is executed, configured and setup according to the specifications and requirements of the project scope of work. The incumbent will be specialized in Alarms and CLIENT Detection Security Systems, Access Control, CCTV and various other types of Technology including, but not limited to Fire detection systems, EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) systems ( electric fence systems) and other related products and the integration possibilities around solutions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Technical installation and commissioning of projects around integrated access, alarm and CCTV solutions.
- Accurate timekeeping and logging of commissioning and installation hours to projects for accurate costing on project deliverables.
- Configuring and setup of software and databases on customer or security provided server infrastructure.
- Responsible to ensure Health and Safety standards adhered to onsite.
- Responsible for quality handover documentation as built for installations commissioned and handed over to client as well as Service department.
- Responsible for full operational requirement as per original project design specifications and project acceptance criteria for signoff and hand over to the client and service department.
- Responsible for technical advice and best practice to clients, sales personnel and ensure that solutions sold are able to fulfil technical design specifications.
- Responsible to act as a Site Supervisor while configuring and commissioning equipment, highlight, and drive rectification on poor quality workmanship or standards not followed. *
- Responsible for communication between client’s IT Service providers for best practice security while installing and configuring offsite monitoring.
- Ensure all software, network and work done for clients comply and drive personal protection of data integrity standards.
- Responsible data protection methodologies to be incorporated to ensure client information always protected while executing services.