Together with our client who highly values its workforce, we are recruiting for a passionate, experienced and self-motivated Production Mechanical Buyer for their mechanical procurement function to join the company’s growing team of Production personnel, Engineers and Developers working on their ground-breaking digital radio communication technology.
You shall be responsible for procurement of mechanical parts which is used mainly in their assembled units. It will be required that you do quality control on all the delivered parts. Assembly of units as qualification of parts received will be part of your duties. You will also execute the procurement function of looms/harnesses and cables.
The company provides a stimulating and engaging environment where they pride themselves on their high standards (both in terms of employees and products). You will have the freedom to advance your career in a workplace where individuals of ability and application have the support to develop rewarding careers.
- 1-5 years of mechanical procurement, mechanical design and quality control experience in a professional capacity.
- A degree/diploma/course from a tertiary institution in one of the following will be an advantage:
- Technicon Mechanical Diploma
- Course in Electronics
- Course in IPC-A-620
Responsibility of position
- The applicant’s main responsibility comprises of the procurement of all mechanical parts, harnesses and cables as well as in depth quality assurance of all these parts received. Output from your quality assurance assessment on all parts into the companies design for manufacturability feedback loop is essential. You will be part of the design of new parts and products to ensure design for manufacturability is always imposed onto our parts that make up our products. You will be part of simplifying all the mechanical parts to ensure reliable manufacturability and repeatability of the process and quality.
- Determining request for quote (RFQ) quantities on all mechanical, harness and cable parts
- Executing procurement of the parts
- Driving this whole procurement process
- Ensuring that the parts procured become “Available to Assemble (ATA)”
- Handling rejected items
- Route cause analysis and feedback to the design entity
- Ensure execution of the corrective actions to the supplier
- Determining the quantities which the company want to procure
- Determining that the company RFQ on the correct versions of parts
- Placing purchase orders on time taking into account lead times and risks
- Driving the procurement process
- Using the drawings/data pack to ensure parts delivered are in conformance with the company’s specifications
- Ensuring that the assembly lines are stocked with parts on time
- Closing the critical loop of Design for manufacturing by communicating the feedback of all findings during quality assurance of all parts
- Documentation of all findings
- Specialised Knowledge and Experience Preferred
- CNC trade practical knowledge
- Lathe trade practical knowledge
- High precision handling skills
- High precision assembly skills
Soft Skills Preferred
- Good problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Mature communication and interpersonal skills
Should you comply with all the requirements above, kindly email a CV, head and shoulder photo and your academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Your CV will not be considered without the academic transcripts and photo.