Employee Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and evaluate calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects like length, mass, time, electric current, voltage, torque, etc.
- Identify magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to define reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
- Redesign or adjust measurement capability to minimize errors.
- Develop calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy precision requirements.
- Direct engineering, quality, and laboratory personnel in design, manufacture, evaluation, and calibration of measurement standards, instruments, and test systems to make sure selection of approved instrumentation.
- Advise others on methods of resolving measurement problems and exchanges information.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement
- Manage own time and the time of others.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Production & non-production gauge control
- Gauge R&R
- Professional report writing skills
- Professional Work Instruction writing for all laboratory activities.
- Above average computer literacy.
- CMM experience mandatory
- Ability to read & understand 2D drawings.
- GD&T experience
- Polyworks experience advantageous
- Microscope skills advantageous
- CAD stills advantageous
- Complete responsibility for all gauges