HOD Applications Maintenance (5 Years fixed term Contract)
Thursday, 22 July 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Lead the development and implementation of the Application Development and maintenance Strategies and roadmap.
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of governance mechanisms for the delivery of Applications Maintenance services and monitor compliance/adherence thereto.
- Establishment and execution of a legacy systems landscape architecture that will inform the landscape’s modernisation efforts.
- Lead and Manage resources (i.e., budget/finances, asset/equipment, and staff) within the Department to ensure efficient operations and optimal utilization of resources.
- Lead and manage the execution of Applications Maintenance projects and ensure that service delivery commitments are met.
- Lead the development execution of the applications modernisation strategy.
- Establish and maintain strategic relations with customers in line with business goals.
- Contribute to the definition of a governance framework for the applications release management.
- Financial and business management; and
- Human Capital Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering/ Computer Science /Information Technology or related fields (at least NQF 7).
- 8+ years’ experience in ICT solution development and implementation of ICT services/solutions, with 4 years as a Senior Manager with strategic leadership in a management position in a similar environment.
- Experience should include: ICT Application Development experience with a sound understanding of the underpinning technologies and methodologies; CobIT foundations, formal project management, and ITIL certification; IT contracts and vendor management experience; Ability to consolidate and define current and future platform strategic solutions.