Head of Department: Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 23 September 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Develop monitoring tools for SCM Performance management thereby ensuring that SCM achieves all performance targets.
- Develop and ensure the implementation and monitoring of an SCM Digitization Strategy and Plan.
- Implement policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to enable the provision of efficient and effective procurement practices and services.
- Provide administrative support to bid specification and adjudication committees.
- Manage execution of tender office activities.
- Procurement data management.
- Lead the effective management of Supply Chain Enterprise Risk Management.
- Financial and business management.
- Human Capital Management (Leadership); and
- Manage compliance management processes within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree with Honours (NQF level 8 qualification) in Commerce/ Engineering/ IT or
- related fields. Experience: 8 Years in a Procurement and Supply Chain Management role with exposure to the following:
- Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Leadership (Managing a complex business/organisation successfully)
- Strategic Financial Management
- Strategic Contract Management
- Strategic Commodity Management
- Business and Supply Intelligence Analytics
- Strategic People Management / Development
- Strategic Operations Management
- Strategic Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Policy Formulation and ensuring successful Implementation
- 5 years’ experience at the Senior Management level within the Supply Chain Management and/ or Procurement environment, with exposure to the following:
- Supply Chain Management legislation, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Procurement and Supply Chain best practices.
- Supply chain management within the public sector.
- Expertise in contract management and purchasing, demand planning, and demand management.
- Commodity and Strategic Sourcing.