Our client is looking to employ a Full Stack PHP Developer. The ideal candidate will be based in Pretoria/Stellenbosch.
Assists in developing and maintaining software products and solutions offered by the Company.
Key Performance Areas:
Analysis and planning (15%)
• Define problem, goal and acceptance criteria.
• Analyse systems for root cause, impact, workarounds and
• Conduct research on possible solutions and techniques.
• Work with stakeholders to achieve appropriate solutions.
• Prepare a work breakdown structure.
• Determine dependencies among deliverables.
• Estimate duration of deliverables.
• Identify risks.
• Document analysis and planning.
• Following project plan to develop software.
• Adhere to agreed upon standards for code.
• Generate and maintain high quality code.
• Use effective and efficient components & techniques to
• Update project documentation.
• Provide feedback on project status.
• Proactively keep supervisor and team updated on risks and
• Be available for queries regarding the system and database.
• Give guidance to other developers.
• Share knowledge with peers.
• Contribute to team knowledge base documentation.
• Providing support for support staff.
Database Administration (5%)
• Perform maintenance to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
• Deploy new structure and content.
• Restore data when required.
Testing and implementation (20%)
• Ensure that all work is tested and fulfills functional
requirements before passing on.
• Prepare test environment, examples and instructions.
• Review code of peers.
• Deploy changes to the live environment.
• Ensure all work is versioned and backed up.
• Safeguard confidential information.
• Maintain backups and backup systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent preferred (desirable)
• Diploma - Development/Programming (desirable)
Minimum of 3 years experience in:
• Application and Web development
• Database driven development
• Linux & Windows server administration
• Experience in more than 1 object orientated programming
• Relational database experience (MySQL, Postgres etc.)
• Experience in server-side scripting languages (PHP)
Skills and Knowledge (desirable)
• Analysis & design methodologies
• Familiarity with LAMP stack
• RESTful APIs
• Google Apps APIs
• Knowledge of school administration systems
• Technical specification & documentation
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.