We are looking for an Executive Housekeeper for a 4 star Hotel in the Kameeldrift-East area.
- Grade 12
- Hospitality Diploma (Preferable)
- 2 Years Executive Housekeeper Position with in a 4 start establishment
- 3 Years Supervision Experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cleaning products and Chemicals
- Good understanding of Industrial Relations
- Good knowledge of a PMS
- Knowledge of Hotel housekeeping and rooms division procedures
- Able to schedule staff work rosters
- General Computer Skills ( Microsoft Office )
- Manage a preventative HK program
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Good Communication skills
The Executive Housekeeper will be responsible for controlling and maintaining and servicing of all public areas, guest rooms, laundry, storerooms and restaurants, function conference other in-house building areas and ensure that all areas are kept clean, tidy and in good hygienic state with sufficient housekeeping stock. Public toilets and bathrooms must be maintained at a high level of cleanliness, functionality, combined with a program to rapidly eliminate damage and maintain standards of hygiene.
Responsibilities (Subject to review):
- To supervise all employees in the Housekeeping department and perform daily room checks to ensure that correct standards and work methods are maintained in accordance with Hotel policies and procedures.
- Inspect guest rooms and public areas on a daily basis to ensure that the furnishings, facilities and equipment are clean and in good repair and make recommendations for the upkeep of the same.
- To ensure that Outsourced Cleaning / Laundry Company’s fulfill their obligations as set out in the SLA, including the maintaining of linen stock par levels, service standards and resolve any issues on an ongoing basis.
- To oversee the co-ordination and preparation of staff rosters , leave schedules and Special Cleaning schedules to ensure adequate coverage and a high standards of cleanliness in all housekeeping areas according to occupancy
- To implement and control Housekeeping procedures that provide for the health and safety of personnel and guests, such as lost and found service, key control, security and emergency procedures.
- To prepare and produce all necessary reports ensuring that all figures are accurate as per the Hotel’s standard operating procedures.
- To prepare and manage the departmental budget and forecast including expenses, forecasting in line with hotel occupancy and forecasts and to ensure that budget and forecasted costs do not exceed the approved annual budget
- To ensure the maximization of staff performance through the establishment of performance standards.
- To ensure that all staff matters relating to misconduct or incapacity are dealt with timeously and that the appropriate disciplinary action is taken if and when necessary
- To identify formal and informal training needs for housekeeping staff and plan and implement training sessions on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure that any losses or damages to furniture and fittings or equipment are reported to the Hotel General Manager immediately.
- To ensure that all operating equipment and hotel linen is well maintained, looked after and kept in good condition at all times.
- To conduct physical stock takes monthly of all linen and supplies periodically to ensure that par stock levels are maintained and ordering of all stock items for the Housekeeping Department.
- To investigate thoroughly any negative guest comments or complaints and implement necessary action to remediate.
- The employee will be required to adhere to and have a complete understanding of the Policies and Procedures Manual and adhere to the regulations contained within
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted