To promote & give effect to the Commercial strategy & objectives in line with the company’s business strategy & objectives.
Key Performance Areas
- Assist with the development of the projects strategic plan ensure implementation
- Provide leadership and customer input to the project Teams
- Achieve/exceed the annual project plan in accordance to individual Project budget.
- Assist with the identification of opportunities for improvement with internal and external customer and propose alternatives solution.
- Assist with project feasibility studies to establish the viability of proposed projects
- Participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budget for projects or sub projects and monitor and control actual cost against budget.
- Obtain approval for projects.
- Identify, organise and co-ordinate project life cycle phases for control purpose.
- Support the project environment and activities to deliver project objective
- Contribute to the management of project risk within own field of expertise – budget, commercial, etc
- Monitor project performance against budget (expense controls, variances, etc.)
- Participate in the Audit process.
- Adhere to financial Policies and Procedures.
- Project company assets (working capital & fixes assets)
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Promote good Corporate governance
Customers & Suppliers
- Maintain and improve relationship with internal / external customer
- Conduct customer visits to establish project status and identify outstanding issues /problem
- Maintain and improve relationship with key suppliers
- Identify opportunities for improvement with key suppliers
- Challenge and manage external suppliers to deliver projects in line with master project plan time line.
- Attend to and resolve all customer queries.
- Champion for the Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) within the plant, ensure a CIP team is active with the plant.
- Ensure projects are monitored against deliverable agreed by the CIP team.
- Ensure CIP log is maintained.
- Provide monthly report of achieved progress vs. target in CIP for management pack
Competencies: Knowledge and Skills
- Product, production and process knowledge
- Problem solving techniques
- Material handling and issuing
- Quality Standards & ISO systems
- Customer Specific Requirements
- Excellent numerical & literacy skills
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- CAD Software.
- RFQ Process.
- Relevant SA Legislation.
- Risk assessment techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the integrity of measurement and Control Philosophy of a process.
- Explain and apply technical and quality control procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of APQP and PPAP.
- IATF 16949 and ISO standard.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering or similar discipline
- 3 years’ experience in similar role
- CAD Software
- RFQ process; APQP &PPAP
- ISO Standard
- IATF 16949