A medical device company situated in Pretoria East is seeking to employ a dynamic, innovative and strategic CFO to become an integral part of the company.
Qualifications and Experienced Required
Minimum education (essential):
- BCom Accounting Hons Degree
- CA/CIMA Registration
Minimum education (desirable):
Minimum applicable experience (years):
- 10 years experience with 5 years experience as a CFO
Required nature of experience:
- Financial reporting to board
- Finance team management
- Risk and statutory management
- HR and payroll management
- Process and system design and implementation
- Exposure in international and cross border entity management
- Start-up businesses
- Venture capital fund raising
- Mergers and acquisitions
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Accounting Software (ie Pastel / Xero)
- Microsoft Excel
Key Performance Areas
- Assist CEO and board of directors in defining overall business vision and strategy, and coordinate implementation thereof to ensure learner growth, revenue and profit growth, and improved ROI.
- Understand and continuously improve the business model as well as the financial and accounting processes and procedures.
- Interact with the CEO and other Executives to ensure effective functioning of the company.
- Ensure efficient, effective and compliant management of company resources and finances.
- Establish, improve and ensure active management of team’s KPA’s with frequent feedback.
- Ensure there is appropriate and continuous team training.
- Improve and maintain department specific induction.
- Active monitoring and reporting of performance with weekly and monthly management level feedback.
- Establish and maintain incentive structures with frequent feedback.
- Actively manage team well-being.
- Manage relevant HR related processes.
Venture Capital Fund Raising
- Manage and structure funds.
- Liaise with all stakeholders.
- Manage budget and forecast of funds.
- Support the coordination of legal matters.
- Compile and stress test financial model and resultant company valuation.
% ? Prepare monthly management statements.
? Ensure accurate monthly reporting.
? Conduct monthly reconciliations.
? Manage budget and deviations.
? Submit monthly management account reports to shareholders.
- Plan and manage annual audits.
- Conduct all tax calculations and submissions.
- Ensure timeous compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Ensure foreign direct investments compliance to legislation, well-managed and reported on.
- Develop, implement and maintain risk register and monitor system.
- Maintain a company wide asset register.
- Provide monthly reporting on all risks.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Oversee HR strategies, policies and initiatives in the
o Recruitment, selection and orientation;
o Personnel administration, including payroll
o Training and development
o Performance and reward management
o Labour relations
- Manage all company facilities, including liaison with property owners and contractors.