A company situated in Pretoria East is seeking a Business Analyst with a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience to join their innovative and dynamic team.
Increase company profitability by driving product success by designing efficient and scalable systems/products and ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery thereof. The Business Analyst takes ownership of assigned products and keeps a handle on product and project aspects including business models, specifications, budgets and financial models, progress tracking, management of resources and team capacity.
Requirements and Qualifications Required
Minimum education (essential):
- Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial) or equivalent Project Management qualification
Minimum education (desirable):
Minimum applicable experience (years):
Required nature of experience:
- Project Management
- Business Analysis within the IT, software or medical device field, specifically with projects
- Development of project, product and system specifications
- Requirement gathering and documentation
- Working with various stakeholders on a project
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Excellent computer proficiency (especially in MS Office Excel)
- Project documentation
- Scrum / Agile
- IT Savvy
Skills and Knowledge (desirable):
- Report and proposal writing skills
- Process flows
Key Performance Areas
Business Analysis 35%
- Compile intuitive system and product requirements and specification design, in terms of researching, consulting and analysing needs.
- Follow best practice design and development methodologies in sustaining high quality, clean, auditable and manageable products and systems.
- Compile relevant specifications documents, UX, UI designs, wireframes and test cases.
- Effective system testing and approval, including the management of release notes and effective communication with stakeholders on changes and/or improvements.
- Work with front-end, back-end and mobile developers, marketing, sales, research and design departments to ensure a holistic management process of project management.
- Ensure conformity of products to product requirements in terms of the hearX Quality Objectives which includes regulatory and legislative compliance.
- Identify technology limitations and deficiencies in applications and associated processes, procedures and methods within the department.
- Continuous improvement of existing products, systems and processes within the department.
- Identify issues, bugs, and bottlenecks and devise solutions to these problems within the department.
Project Management 35%
- Full cycle Project and Product Management including capacity management, stakeholder engagement and resource tracking.
- Multi-task on a suite of projects and products, all within different stages of development and implementation.
- Follow best practice project management methodologies in sustaining high quality, clean, auditable and manageable products and systems.
- Develop and maintain all relevant project management documentation.
- Liaise with relevant clients as and when required.
Business Processes and Strategy 10%
- Business process improvements, operationalization and optimization.
- Develop strategies for the implementation of products, projects or systems, including commercialisation, legal and operational aspects.
- Risk analysis and mitigation.
- Manage tasks and priorities within product suite.
- Increase profitability of products through the streamlining of development, manufacturing and maintenance thereof.
- Effective stakeholder management (both internal and external).
Record- Keeping 20%
- Compile relevant records as is necessary for compliance to ISO, CE, FDA (and other) standards and requirements as is applicable to assigned products.
- Accomplish objectives by establishing plans, budgets and results; reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Efficient and effective reporting on strategies, prioritisation, and tasks to Line Manager.
- Efficient and effective reporting on performance of products and systems.
- Take personal ownership for projects/products/systems and work quality as well as contributing to team development and the the company's ecosystem as a whole.
Market related (13th cheque, risk benefit and pension fund contribution)