Manage the vehicle platform with various interior and/or exterior components and/or system content.
- The Programme Manager is accountable for all programme activities and tasks related to a project from initial kick-off through to closure.
- Manages the relevant SDT (Simultaneous Development Team) activities and provide support when and/or where required.
- Responsible for the management of the company's PRP (Product Realization Process), to ensure compliance across all levels in the company.
- Review business plans with senior management & identify programme management needs (incl. BU Advance SDT planning).
- Schedule Program Reviews and Phase Exit Reviews on regular basis and ensure participation by all relevant stakeholders.
- Track the Open issues lists to ensure the programme/s achieves customer milestones, internal deliverables, engineering deadlines and plant start-up in line with program timeline
- Act as Link with Product Engineering Team overseas
- Act as interface between Program Management, Engineering, Purchasing and other operations in order to ensure product readiness.
- Monitoring performance of process and programmes
- Ensure adequate staffing and direct subordinates to achieve relevant goals timeously
- Responsible for training, coaching, and guidance of subordinates
- Ensure Programme Launch is in line with launch budget in Business case.
- Engineering Degree or Diploma (NQF level 5)
- Project or Programme Management Certificate will be advantageous
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in the automotive industry
- At least 3 years’ experience in Project Management within the automotive industry
- Participation in 1 new Product Start-Up
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Planning, organizing and controlling skills
- Critical thinking and innovation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Conflict handling and dispute resolutions skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations