Our client based in Port Elizabeth (Perseverance) is currently looking to employ an Warehouse Supervisor. Awesome career opportunity awaits!
Main purpose of the position:
- This Warehouse Supervisor function consists of managing a small warehouse with inventory and orders. On occasion, you will be required to travel and install our systems using a company vehicle and trailer.
- You would prepare, pack, load/offload, install, and troubleshoot our systems. You would also serve as a brand ambassador by providing answers and information about our products, services, and network to current and prospective customers.
- Supervising warehouse daily activities.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Monitoring supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Conducting physical inventory count, comparing results to computerized inventory and reconciling any differences.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Transfers of inventory to trucks for delivery in a timely manner and according to schedule.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Ensure workspace and surroundings are kept in a presentable and professional state.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
- Establishing service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation and performing acceptance tests.
- Travelling to customers’ residence or place of business with a company vehicle.
- Loading/offloading inventory onto a company trailer and towing/delivery thereof as required.
- Troubleshooting problems with existing equipment/small tools available.
- Providing customers with verbal and written operating instructions for installation.
- Cleaning up after the job is complete.
- Coordinating and maintaining company fleets and equipment.
Communication and Data Management:
- Adherence to Group Data Management Policy.
- Use of Microsoft Office 365 Suite for written, verbal and video communication.
- Effective communication with various stakeholders through sharing/receiving applicable information/instructions through informal/formal meetings and keeping minutes thereof.
- Use of prescribed templates.
Human Resources Administration:
- Arrange casual labour when required and complete the necessary documentation that goes with it.
- Supervising casual labour when required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Diploma will be essential.
- N2/N3 or Basic Hand Skills qualification advantageous.
- Relevant experience, certificate or diploma as a draughtsman will be beneficial.
- Relevant experience in the marine industry/environment will also be beneficial.
- Must be a good swimmer and comfortable working around/in water when required.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office with intermediate level Excel is essential.
- Business English.
- Valid driver license- Minimum Code 08/EB. Alternatively, Code 10.
- Forklift Operation Certification advantageous.
- Be bilingual.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.