Our client in the pharmaceutical industry is currently looking to employ a Warehouse Supervisor.
Main purpose of the position:
- To coordinate the activities of the stock in the ethical warehouse in liaison with buyers, clerks and dispatch and provide support to responsible pharmacists.
- Grade 12/ Pharmacy assistant basic and post basic
- 5-8 years in warehouse environment (Pharmaceutical knowledge is advatageous).
- Monitor and coordinate the activities of the Ethical warehouse
- Receive queries from staff regarding stock on shelves and address these
- Liaise with Supervisors on warehouse floor regarding missing stock
- Move stock that has been received to the applicable area
- Perform checks to ensure that staff has prepared shelves for stock takes
- Coordinate the binning of new ethical products, label and shelved correctly
- Participate and supervise in weekly/annual stock takes
- Liaise with buyers in regard of incorrect stock received, incorrect book-ins from the branches as well as suppliers
- Monitor expired/ out of date sheets and discontinued items. Report to buyer on slow moving lines/frozen stock.
- Receive new products, obtain bin number, unpack, checking bar codes and wait for labels before listing on system.
- Oversee and be responsible for good housekeeping of work area
- Responsible for taking corrective action when necessary in accordance with Company policy and procedures
- Responsible for conducting Performance appraisal with subordinates on an annual basis
- Responsible for the training and development of staff
- Responsible for allocating work and monitoring absenteeism
- Complete any Human Resources related documentation and submit for record keeping
- Responsible for holding operational meetings as and when required
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.