Our client is seeking to employ a Voice & Data Technician in Port Elizabeth.
- Senior Certificate – Grade 12 (NQF 4)
- Knowledge of Voice & Data Systems
- Know how to install and set up standard analogue systems, IP based systems
- Have a very good understanding of networking
- Fully install, program, lay cabling (if required), services on new PABX Systems, VOIP Systems, ECN Products and MAN3000 Systems
- Supply training to the customers on the systems
- Update and maintain software installed at customers
- Fault finding of existing lines and extensions
- To keep the specialist informed on problems relating to your job, either technical or customer, and to maintain an awareness of the customer’s needs
- Take responsibility for all stock allocated to the technician.
- To ensure that the Service Co-ordinator is given accurate information relating to service calls and installations.
- To complete all necessary paperwork relating to your job and to ensure that it is presented in a decent manner and on time.