Our client in the pharmaceutical industry based in Port Elizabeth is currently looking to employ a Stock Controller.
Main Purpose of the position:
- To ensure that effective stock management occurs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Diploma in Logistics (Advantageous)/ Warehouse Management
- 2-4 years experience in a pharmaceutical warehouse environment.
- Control the movement of all stock from the point of receiving at bulk storage area to mini storage and warehouse areas or fridges.
- Monitor all activities, processes and functions within the receiving department.
- Manage the customer credit returns aspect by monitoring complaints, credits are timeously responded to.
- Liaise with the Procurement Department with regard to queries received and follow up on responses.
- Monitor and follow up with the suppliers on credit returns i.e. expired stock, product complaints and errors etc.
- Monitor the Booking outs of stock by raising claims with suppliers, reps or agencies.
- Oversee and coordinate the weekly/annual stock take activities for the entire warehouse.
- Monitor and control online credits i.e. the frozen products report.
- Monitor and control the Booking-in & booking-out of missing or found stock items.
- Investigate stock discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly report of activities within warehouse and submit to the Operations Manager.
- Oversee and be responsible for good housekeeping of work area.
- Responsible for taking corrective action when necessary in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Responsible for conducting Performance appraisal with subordinates on an annual basis.
- Responsible for the training and development of staff.
- Responsible for allocating work and monitoring absenteeism.
- Complete any Human Resources related documentation and submit for record keeping.
- Responsible for holding operational meetings as and when required.
- Responsible for ensuring that all activities conducted are done in a manner that will not endanger oneself or any other employee of the Company.
- Responsible for reporting any Injury on duty of immediate subordinates.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.