Our client, in the FMCG retail space, is currently looking to employ a Security Manager for their retail store based in Motherwell, Port Elizabeth. The appointed candidate will be responsible for all Security and Cleaning personnel, ensuring that their duties are performed as well as dealing with disciplinary procedures, absenteeism and other human resources matters.
- Security, Cleaning, General Maintenance and Waste Management.
- Responsible for all Security and Cleaning personnel, ensuring that their duties are performed as well as dealing with disciplinary procedures, absenteeism and other human resources matters.
- Administration of all security related registers will be maintained. (Alarm System Register, Key Register, Generator Test Register, Staff Purchase register, Cleaning – Equipment, Fat Trap and personnel Register, Banning Orders, CCTV System Register, Sticker Register, Centre Inspections, Temperature Checklist, Cleaning Equipment Register, Toilet Cleaning Register, GRV Register, Trolley Count)
- Weekly reports on all security matters and criminal activities, external, and progress on internal investigations.
- Maintain personnel files for all Security and Cleaning personnel.
- You will perform day to day security functions as per your PSIRA certification.
- The facility as a whole, and all staff that work in it’s safety and security is of utmost importance and must be maintained at all times.
- Opening and closing procedures are to be adhered to at all times.
- Be pro-active in regards to internal theft and organised crime where company personnel are involved.
- Daily postings of Security Officers will be required at the specified points, as well as moving these points strategically as is required.
- Institute till pick-ups, whereby Security Personnel will escort the Front End Supervisors when they perform pick-ups at the till points. These Pick-Ups include all till points (front-end, kiosk, deli, electricity, Tops).
- Monitoring the main Cash Management Company when they perform pick-ups will also be required.
- Responsible in managing the external Security Company (if applicable) on the outside and within the mall, strategically placing these officers, as well as maintaining discipline and seeing that they perform their duties diligently.
- Security is responsible for the Trolleys. You will ensure that a register is maintained.
- CCTV Surveillance will be of utmost importance and you are required to monitor the workings of the CCTV Control Room. You will also be required to place under cover covert cameras at various points as part of your pro-active approach in curbing internal theft and organised crime.
- In addition to all these Security Specific Items, will you be required to perform weekly and unannounced audits on company related stock taking. This includes auditing the daily stock takes of the cigarettes counts, bread delivery counts, paraffin dips and pump counter readings, cash office cash-up procedures. This list is not extensive and may be added onto.
- Any irregularities need to be reported.
- Any and all daily instructions and amendments are to be followed.
You will ensure that the following daily cleaning functions are performed;
- Main Centre surrounds (Main parking area, along inside and outside perimeter fencing)
- Complete-Main floor, Deli area, receiving, ablutions, admin offices.
- Storm water drains-Inside and Outside the Centre.
- All Grease Traps-Inside and outside of the departments (Butchery, Bakery, Deli)
- Overall General Maintenance will be your responsibility within reason. Any maintenance required will be reported, whereby the level of maintenance required will be assessed, where it will then be decided if contractors will be summoned.
- You will be required to manage the waste for the Company and Centre. All waste coming from the departments need to be managed.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.