Our client, an international market research company is currently looking to employ a Senior Project Manager.
Main purpose of the position:
- The Project Manager’s key function is ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure overall coordination and provide management and administrative support for the various study components.
- Manage the relationship with the field supplier and all stakeholders and be in constant communications with them.
- Develop and finalise supplier contracts.
- Assist in project planning and provide support in short- and long-term planning to establish and implement the study protocol, including all standard operating procedures.
- Develop retail audit questionnaires in line with the client objectives. Test the programmed questionnaire.
- Develop all training material. The project manager will be required to travel in country to train the fieldwork teams. This will include travel into East and West African countries.
- Coordinate, support and monitor all fieldwork activities, including quality control. This includes high level project performance monitoring as well as in-depth quality assurance checks on the raw data.
- Weekly online meetings with suppliers to discuss any issues or concerns that may impact field work.
- Month end reporting to the account manager on the fieldwork that was completed.
- Manage the supplier invoicing process using the key performance index scorecard. Monitor the actual spend as compared to the planned budget.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ultimately, the project manager should ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Qualifications/ Experience/ Skills:
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment and pay attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a diverse team
- Good decision making skills and leadership capabilities
- Agile, quick thinker, proactive
- Able to work independently
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and ability to deliver work to high standards even under pressure
- International travel into Africa will be required.
- Proven work experience in the market research industry (min. 5 years). Experience in retail tracking/ retail audits is advantageous
- Extensive experience managing research studies or fieldwork
- Established, proven experience in the full end-to-end quantitative research process
- Strong management, administrative and computer literacy skills (including Zoom/MS Teams, Office Package particularly Excel)
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.