Our prominent and respected client, a secure and well established retirement village in Port Elizabeth, is looking to employ an experienced Retirement Village General Manager.
- No specific formal qualification is required.
- Experience in hospitality/facilities management/ general management is an advantage.
- Candidate must have experience and skills to be able to carry out all tasks on job description.
- Establish and maintain a filing system with individual files for each resident.
- Collecting/ sorting of mail.
- Taking and filing of minutes for both the board meetings and trust meetings.
- Responsible and accountable for the execution of decisions/ resolutions taken at the abovementioned meetings.
- Responsible and accountable for the managing of the guarding company appointed to guard the complex.
- Draw up and ensure adherence to the Site Operating Procedure (SOP) for the guards.
- Regular meetings with the guarding company representative/ supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the SOP and adherence to the contract pertaining to the services provided by said company.
- To arrange in consultation with the appointed company regular panic/ fire exercises involving residents.
Fences/ Gate Motors, Alarms and Panic System:
- Responsible and accountable for the managing of the company appointed to maintain and repair the abovementioned systems.
- Ensuring that the contract with the appointed company is adhered to and that regular testing and repairs are carried out.
- Regular meetings with the company representative to ensure smooth running of all the systems.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure that the complex is well maintained and kept in good order at all times.
- To draw up and adhere to a maintenance programme for the external maintenance of the units and the common property of the village.
- To ensure that all residents maintain the internal of their units.
- To manage all sub-contractors/ handymen who are carrying out maintenance of whatever kind on the village at any given time.
- To ensure that all facilities e.g. swimming pool; library etc. is well maintained, clean and available to residents at the times they are required to be.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure that the appointed garden service and gardeners carry out their duties in terms of the contract and job descriptions.
- To liaise from time to time with landscapers etc. in accordance with decisions taken by the board.
- To ensure that grass levels and personal garden do not build-up or encroach on the units in such a manner as to cause damp problems on the unit.
- Responsible and accountable for the financial matters of the complex.
- Reading of water and electricity meters on a monthly basis including the telephone system.
- Collation of information required for the raising of invoices for levies.
- Compiling of yearly budget for submission, and thereafter adhering to the said budget.
- Submission of supplier invoices / handling of any queries related to payment for all accounts timeously.
- Arrange on time delivery of financial statements for the board/ trust meetings.
- Maintain asset register control.
Where the village employs staff of any nature the General Manager is;
- Responsible and accountable for the managing of said staff and ensuring that they carry out their duties.
- Dealing with disputes in a professional and efficient manner and in accordance with the labour law.
- Where the village has a functioning kitchen to provide meals to the residents the General Manager is;
- Responsible and accountable to maintain a high standard in accordance with their existing catering contract/service level agreement.
Health and Safety:
- Responsible and accountable for the occupation health and safety of all staff and residents of the complex.
- To ensure that all staff and residents adhere to health and safety laws, plans and procedures.
- To ensure that all outside contractors e.g. gardening, guarding etc. adhere to the health and safety laws.
- To have in place an effect "Fire and Evacuation Plan" and ensure regular practicing thereof. Meeting areas etc. to be clearly marked with applicable signage.
- Have an interview with prospective residents to ensure their suitability to the village. This must be in conjunction with the nursing sister appointed by the village.
- Ensure that the unit is clean and ready for occupation on the agreed date.
- Ensure that the appointed handyman has completed all repairs agreed upon and inspect his work.
- Compile the necessary documentation for the files and ensure that the new residents is handed all applicable paperwork.
- To assist the new resident to integrate into the village life as easily as possible.
- To ensure that the new resident is fully informed of all rules and regulations prior to occupation of a unit.
- To maintain an open door policy where resident can confide with the general manager in a confidential manner.
- To speedily and efficiently address a residents concern/ request ensuring that all role players are consulted and involved.
- To ensure that residents adhere to the constitution/ rules and regulations of the village.
Primary health care facilities:
- Responsible and accountable to ensure that the appointed nursing sister carries out her duties in accordance with her job description.
- To ensure that the clinic is well stocked and maintained and available to residents at the correct times.
- To ensure that the appointed nursing sister is registered with the correct bodies and remains so for her tenure.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.