Our client, an international market research company, is currently looking to employ a Research Project Controller.
FUNCTIONAL DEFINITION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The Research Project Controller is responsible for planning and executing the production cycle for assigned projects, providing practical feedback to the project / research manager for field management purposes and running monthly client reports where applicable. He/she has an extensive understanding of the project’s specifications and deadlines to ensure the delivery of accurate data.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Matric, or relevant college experience.
- Excel proficiency a must.
- SQL, SAS, Power BI proficiency advantageous.
- Understanding of data process advantageous.
- Strong Numerical Skills.
- Process Driven.
Project Setup and Implementation:
- Ensure the necessary information is available for data inspection and production process.
- Assist with improvement of process flow.
- Programming using SAS/SQL or program provided in order to work through data quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure monthly quota is met as per production standards.
- Provide recruitment instructions to project management where needed.
- Monitor sample churn and follow up with project / research manager.
Data Processing and Reporting:
- Extract raw data using either SAS/SQL or program provided.
- Run data through cleaning process using program provided.
- Manage data importing process in coordination with IT department.
- Use pre-setup workbooks to check data trends and movements.
- Based on the results of these checks, make informed decisions and manage updates in coordination with data science and IT department.
- Manage sign off process with data science and account management.
- Run final data checks before reporting commences.
- Assist with report run where applicable using Excel and Power BI.