Our client based in Port Elizabeth is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor (tool maker trade - automotive).
The company is looking for a competent individual to fulfil the Diamond Cut Shift Supervisor position and drive the Diamond Cut Department activities towards world class manufacturing practices and excellence.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure delivery of good quality wheels per Customer requirements to Paint Plant.
- Maintaining all Geometry Offsets and Tooling including Machining of New Aluminium Jaws.
- Running Off of new Wheels on CNC machines and obtaining a FIRST OFF to customer specification by means of manual measuring and a CMM.
- Creating new Programs from EdgeCam and Introducing them into the system.
- Ensuring shift Targets are met with accordance to the planning schedule & housekeeping maintained
- Making sure all Wheel Pallets are Labelled correctly and all Scrap is identified.
- Making sure all reworks are done and that all non-conforming wheels are booked on Haldan System.
- Monitoring and analysing the current system of production to check if it’s effectiveness.
- Control the logistics of the department by ensuring operators have necessary resources
- Develop employee training plan and update training records according to company Training Plan.
- Ensure adherence to company quality standards, policies and regulations.
- Drive First Time Pass Rate improvements and communicate with other department Leaders.
- Manage all Internal performance monitoring systems (OEE,SCADA)
- Trade Certificate in Tool Making, Tool Setter or CNC Turning is required.
- Minimun of EdgeCam beginers Certificate and Kuka Robotics Certificate.
- At least 5 years working experience in a Production environment.
- At least 3 years working experience in a wheel making plant
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Experience in the Diamond Cut process essential
- Experience in Horizotal and Vertical CNC turning required.
- Strong CNC Programming Skills and experienced with Kuka robots
- Strong Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Technical and Leadership Skills
- Impeccable disciplinary and attendance records.
- Understanding of LRA.
- Ability to learn and reapply skills on the job.
- Must be computer literate and Competent on EdgeCam and AutoCad.
- Goal Driven team player
Please note that, should you not receive a response on your application within 2 weeks after applying, your application was unsuccessful.