A packhouse in Port Elizabeth requires a suitably qualified and experienced Line Manager to lead a large team.
Duties will include:
- Providing sound leadership and management to ensure quality product output, accuracy and consistency in packhouse processes and documentation.
- Implementation of company policies and principles.
- Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring industry quality assurance standards compliance and meet local and export customers’ specifications.
- Ensuring temperature and transport regulations are met.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing perishable products in a pack house.
- Experience in HACCP, BRC and/or other quality systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong numerical and planning skills.
- Computer Literacy- must be proficient in Excel.
- Self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends.
The position will best suit an energetic, driven and professional individual who can pay attention to detail, is deadline orientated and able to perform independently and not under constant supervision, in a pressurised agricultural environment.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.