- Diploma/Degree in Logistics / Stores Management or relevant NQF 7 equivalent qualification.
- Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in managing a multi-disciplined department comprising of Purchasing, Production
- Planning & Control, Inventory control, Stores and Dispatch.
- Sound knowledge of a fully integrated IT system, preferably SYSPRO (including MPS/MRP/CRP process).
- A working knowledge of IATF16949 Quality Management System.
- Computer literacy - Advanced (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Superior negotiating skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial aspects of a business.
- Knowledge and experience in transportation, preparation of orders and warehouse management
- Personal attributes: confident, strong interpersonal and communication skills, motivated, resilient, manages stress well
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensuring timeous purchase of components / materials to maintain the MPS and ensure on-time delivery to customers
- Inventory control of all materials; finished goods and consumable materials.
- Production planning and control for Production plants.
- Management of raw materials, consumables and finished goods stores.
- Shipping of goods to local and export markets.
- Identify areas for cost reduction.
- Optimisation of current planning and scheduling information systems.
- Company Stock-takes, as and when required.
- Improving EDI customers and implementing EDI at suppliers.
- Compiling of budget for logistics department.
- Co-ordinate the different warehouse areas
- Optimise procurement and distribution of company policy.
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, email@example.com. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.