Our client in the automotive industry is currently looking to employ a Logistics Manager.
Main purpose of the position:
- The position is responsible for managing the finished goods warehouse, the supply relationship with customers as well as third party logistics providers.
- Responsible for all outbound logistics functions including finished goods warehouse.
- Point of contact for customers regarding any logistics topics.
- Responsible for integrating individual customer logistics requirements with the Warehouse Management System.
- Receive, analyse and input weekly customer releases into the Group System.
- Ensure the latest customer requirements are included in the production plan (liaising with the Product Planner).
- Alert customers timeously regarding any deviations to delivery schedule.
- Manage and develop the logistics team.
- Responsible for implementation and management EHS requirements in the department.
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics Management (BTech).
- At least 5 years wroking experience in Logistics Management at a Tier 1 OEM supplier.
- Experience with imports and exports of automotive components.
- Knowledge and understanding of custom regulations and procedures.
- Detailed understanding of OEM logistic requirements and procedures.
- Computer Literate
- Impeccable disciplinary and attendance records
- Good decision making skills
- Organisational skills essential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication and presentation skills when meeting external customers.
- Valid drivers licence.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.