- Code 14 licence preferable
- Certificate in road transport management an advantage
- Hazardous good handling
- 3 years experience in fleet and maintenance control in a logistics environment
- Own transport a must. Code 14 license preferable bur Code 08 license a must
The main objectives of the Logistics Manager are: -
- To ensure that all vehicles are maintained and run as productively as possible
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of all sub-ordinates
- To be responsible for the image of vehicles being kept to international standards
- Ensure that all the booked loads are completed within the pre-agreed time lines
- To keep maintenance and running costs within the agreed budget
- To be a proud representative of the company and seek out and report any opportunities to management.
- To act in a professional manner at all times.
- To communicate effectively by reporting all incidents, accidents and or any other information related to safety, health or environment.
SAFETY, HEALTH, QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- To have knowledge and adhere to the companies intentions as stated in the
- Environmental Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Quality Policy
- To report all customer complaints and compliments to the appropriate person
- To report any possible health and safety risks that could affect other staff members
- To report any incidents or near misses to the compliance department
- To fully understand and implement the emergency plan and to respond accordingly when required
- To ensure that all hazardous and high risk tasks are identified and mitigating actions are implemented to reduce such risk.
- To reduce the number of missed lifts, which will lead to improved customer satisfaction. Target is zero missed lifts.