A position exists in a growing company for a qualified Maintenance Fitter / Fabricator (must be Red Seal Millwright Trade Tested) for a permanent vacancy in Port Elizabeth.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Grade 12
- Recognized trade test certificate
- Section 13 Red Seal Millwright Trade Tested.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Key Performance Areas:
- Receive maintenance schedules, interpret instructions and plan maintenance and repair work.
- Inspect tooling and determine spares and consumables requirements.
- Isolate equipment, perform lockouts and make the work area safe.
- Daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as per the company’s preventative maintenance program and schedule.
- Attend to machine breakdowns for all equipment under engineering functional control.
- Update the responsible person on progress of repairs.
- Escalate the problem to the next level if necessary.
- Capture all information by completion of job cards for work done.
- Mechanically cut, drill, punch and assemble fabrication materials using powered machinery.
- Fabrication and repairs to all stainless steel and mild steel equipment by method of TIG welding
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Good communication Skills
- Planning Skills
- Proficient in the use of Basic Hand Tools
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to maintain high Quality Standard of Work
- Familiar with the OSH Act 85 of 1993
- Basic knowledge of Food Quality Systems will be advantageous
- In depth knowledge of Fabrication Techniques
- Able to work under pressure
- Adaptability to change
- Able to work in a Team
- Problem Solving
- Ability to Work Independently and Communicate at all Levels
- Meet set Deadlines
- Work overtime, Saturday if required and attend to site call outs if required
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.