CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this post is to lead through servant leadership and transformation to manage and oversee developments, implementations, monitoring and continuous improvements of policies, procedures, processes and strategies for the effective and efficient functioning of the Assessments and Graduation Office, and functions in the broader Academic Administration in support of learning, teaching and research.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- •Lead and oversee efficient and effective oversight and management of assessments and graduation policies,procedures, developments and strategic goals.
- •Efficient and effective oversight of the assessment and graduation business processes, financialmanagement and budgetary activities.
- •Oversee and manage human resources and transformational change within the Assessments andGraduation Office.
- •Oversee governance and service delivery of the Assessments and Graduation Office.
- Provide guidance and training to academics on procedures, processes and policies.
- • Specialist knowledge and understanding of academic administration and university rules, policies, procedures and systems.
- • Professional verbal and written communication skills to ensure and achieve the required standard of administration, policy and report writing.
- • Extensive computer skills as well as a good knowledge of the ITS and other relevant systems. The ability to identify and resolve systems issues and correct data problems. Strong ability to analyse system processes and recommend the re-engineering of business processes.
- • Exceptional ability to direct, oversee and perform multiple functions both within and outside Academic Administration under definite time constraints and with numerous interdisciplinary interruptions for extended periods under stressful circumstances.
- • Exceptional ability to take initiative in problem solving through investigation to independently identify, evaluate and decide on the most relevant solution to solve complex academic administration matters relating to students, staff and other stakeholders.
- • Exceptional ability to lead and manage a team by mentoring, coaching, training and influencing at all levels
- • An appropriate M + 4 qualification; AND
- • At least six years relevant experience at a Higher Education institution in an academic administration or assessment and graduation environment (preference will be given to candidates with assessment and graduation experience): AND
- • At least 5 years proven managerial experience.
- • Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail themselves for psychometric testing which would inform the shortlisting and/or contribute towards the interview process
No applicant would be accepted after the closing date (Friday 26 February 2021).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
Nelson Mandela University
University Way Summerstrand
To be a dynamic African university, recognised for its leadership in generating cutting-edge knowledge for a sustainable future.
To offer a diverse range of quality educational opportunities that will make a critical and constructive contribution to regional, national and global sustainability.
Respect for diversity,Excellence,Ubuntu,Integrity,Respect for the natural environment,Taking responsibility