Our client, an international market research company, is currently looking to employ a Research / Data Analyst.
FUNCTIONAL DEFINITION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The Research / Data Analyst is responsible for planning and executing the production timeline for assigned projects, providing practical feedback to the project / research manager for field management purposes and running interim and final client reports where applicable. He/she has an extensive understanding of the project’s specifications and deadlines to ensure the delivery of accurate data.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Matric, or relevant college experience.
- Excel proficiency a must.
- SQL, PPT, Power BI proficiency advantageous.
- Understanding of data process advantageous.
- Strong Numerical Skills.
- Process Driven.
- Deadline Driven.
- Logical thinker, with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Team Player.
- Innovative, with the ability to streamline processes.
Project Setup and Implementation
- Ensure the necessary information is available for data inspection and production process.
- Assist with improvement of process flow.
- Programming using Excel / SQL or program provided in order to work through data quickly and efficiently.
- Design data processing specifications prior to field work commencement.
- Set up data processing requirements, project specific, prior to field work commencement.
- Check pilot data against data processing specifications and survey design.
- Work hand in hand with the project managers to ensure data processing readiness.
- Assist with ad hoc data related requests by project / research manager and account management.
Data Processing Management
- Ensure targets are met as per the project sample design.
- Provide sample instructions to project management where needed.
- Monitor sample churn and follow up with project / research manager.
- All data processing and reporting as per the account manager reporting design.
- Extract raw data using either Excel / SQL or program provided.
- Run data through cleaning process using program that has been set up.
- Manual data scrubbing for all open-ended data collection.
- Manage data importing process in coordination with IT department.
- Use data processing workbooks to check data trends and all numeric values.
- Based on the results of these checks, make informed decisions and manage updates in coordination with project / research manager and account management.
- Manage sign off process with research manager and account management.
- Run final data checks before reporting commences.
- Assist with report run where applicable using Excel / PPT and Power BI.