Our client, a dynamic engineering company based in Port Elizabeth, is looking for a CNC Turner.
- Matric certificate with mathematics, Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, and Attention to Detail a must
- Trade qualified - Red Seal Qualification (Trade Test).
- Minimum of 5 years to 10 years post trade test experience in an Engineering workshop or manufacturing concern.
- Control proficiency on Fanuc and Mazatrol control lathes a must.
- A sound knowledge of engineering workshop policies and procedures.
- Own transport and drivers licence a must.
- Be able to work overtime when needed.
- Be available on break jobs if needed.
- Be able to work on their own and make decisions on the fly.
- Able to work on milling machines advantages.
- Able to grind advantages.
- Able to weld advantages.
- Able to operate Spark eroders or edm drill advantages.
- Able to assemble and fit various tooling also an advantage
- Preferable forklift and crane competency.
- Planning machining by studying work orders, engineering drawings, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Programs mainly lathes, but millers and advantage by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic maths, geometry and trigonometry; providing part programs.
- Sets-up mainly lathes, millers and advantage, by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers; indicating vices.
- Verifies setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintaining specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread cutting operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintaining continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Documenting actions by completing production and quality logs.
Please consider you application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within two weeks.