Our client based in Port Elizabeth is looking to employ a Chemistry Water Treatment Service Technician.
Main purpose of the position:
The Chemistry Water Treatment Service Technician will be responsible for industrial water sampling, analysing and making chemical adjustments to ensure effective water chemistry process management which will also include maintaining and repairing water treatment equipment where required.
- Review water treatment programmes at customer sites through sampling and testing process which is not limited to cooling, boilers and effluent water.
- Checking dosing systems and adjusting dosing rates as per test results.
- Maintain and ensure repairs to the treatment plant systems are performed.
- Inspect, service and repair components of the water treatment plant including water intakes, pipes, water storage vessels, chemical treatment equipment controls, circulation pumps, boilers, coolers and valves.
- Carry out Reverse Osmosis CIP’s as and when required.
- Regeneration of demineralisation and water softening plants as and when required.
- Prepare work orders for servicing and repairs.
- Provide feedback to management through using effective communication channels.
- Take responsibility for client requirements regarding water treatment sales.
- Manage tasks set-out by management for client projects within prescribed deadlines.
- Understanding of cost management principles, making sure no money is wasted on purchase of goods.
- Basic understanding chemical stock management.
- Physically capable of carrying drums of chemical (e.g. 25kg – 35 kg)
- Maintain personalised signage on clients premises.
- Ensure all chemicals have safety data sheets.
- Manage and update health and safety site files.
- Ensure SOP’s per site service are accurate – update where necessary.
- Keep clients dosing stations, Softener Plant etc. in good order, neat and tidy (housekeeping).
- Always focus on customer service and satisfaction.
- Ensure all Water tests & Reports are kept up to date daily / weekly.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of water treatment products and equipment.
- Technical skills (working with your hands).
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills critical.
- Ability to lift, pull and manage equipment, objects or chemical products.
- Ability to work in different weather conditions.
- Ability to work with various forms of piping, fittings, installations of pumps.
- Understanding water flow movement essential.
- 2 years’ experience within Chemistry in Water Treatment or Microbiology.
- Analytical Chemistry Degree or Microbiology is advantageous.
- Passport will be advantageous.
- Digital Reporting and emailing clients professionally e.g: Word and Excel skill essential.
- Technical minded.
- Drivers Licence 08 essential.
- Fork lift licence advantages.
- Electrical / Mechanical Water Treatment understanding not required but will be advantageous.
- Good safety awareness.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.