Our client, who operates in the Manufacturing Industry, is currently looking to employ an experienced Buyer that will assist the Purchasing Manager to source quality products in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Key Performance Areas:
- Placing of duly authorized purchase orders for consumables, maintenance spares and raw materials, controlling all imported material for production.
- Liaising with suppliers ensuring optimum pricing and timeous delivery of goods.
- Investigate and develop alternative source of supply.
- Supervise cyclical stock counts of consumables.
- Resolve queries and stock issues with suppliers and stores.
- Conduct pricing comparisons.
- Maintain supplier relationships.
- Prepare monthly reports on price changes.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure cost savings.
- Assisting with month end stock take.
- Assisting Purchasing / Financial Manager with ad-hoc requirements.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- A tertiary qualification in the field of Purchasing or Logistics (Degree) is compulsory.
- At least 3 years working / buying experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP Systems (i.e., Fourth Shift), Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Computer literacy essential (Word, Excel, E- mail).
- Quality orientated with attention to detail and good professional experience.
- Good decision making and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and as an integral team member.
- Impeccable disciplinary and attendance records.
- Great interpersonal and negotiating skills, taking initiative and being proactive.
- Required to work overtime.
- Honest integrity and good communication skills.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.