Our client is looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain their financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments.
Bookkeeper job duties includes working closely with the Commercial team to create and analyse financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments.
Their ideal candidate must hold a Finance degree or similar and must be familiar with accounting software packages, like Sage, Pastel Evolution and QuickBooks.
Ultimately, the Bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of the company
Bookkeeper responsibilities include:
- Recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process.
- Verifying that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger.
- Bringing the books to the trial balance stage.
- Perform partial checks of the posting process.
- Complete tax forms. (
- Enter data, maintain records, and create reports and financial statements.
- Process accounts receivable/payable
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Vat & PAYE Recons.
- Finalising all open documents on system such as Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Delivery Notes, Picking Slips, Sales Orders
- Processing and reconciling of Petty Cash and cash control accounts
- Proven bookkeeping experience. (8-10 years)
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BCOM/Diploma Qualification in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration