Our client seeks a proactive and dedicated Internal New Business Development Sales person to operate in their Global Solutions Team.
The purpose of this role is to assist the HOD & General Manager with research, quotes and the of handling clients and their queries. They must follow up on clients and will be tasked with cold calling to ensure that the HOD & General Manager can focus on their strategic objectives.
Core Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide market analysis and research feedback on new opportunities to the HOD SADC for SADC Region.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- In conjunction with the HOD SADC, develop and execute on international business strategy and objectives in line with the overall department strategy.
- Understand customer needs and requirements and direct qualified opportunities to the relevant team member for further development and closure.
- Work in conjunction with SADC HOD and administrator along with operations ensure that technical expertise and resource requirements are allocated to successfully execute on projects.
- Report on international financial performance.
- Assist the export administrator with logistics of products and resource requirements.
- Responsible for providing weekly reports on the status of quotes and requested research.
- Research accounts & identify key players and generate interest on an ongoing basis.
- Work with existing customers to ensure growth and continuous partnership development.
- Market and promote our clients product technology to key stakeholders in the various countries within government organizations within SADC region. Ensure specifications are specified on all tenders.
- Partner effectively with the external sales team to drive territory coverage and maintain positive distributor relationships.
- Provide the sales team with administrative support to ensure that sales targets are met.
- Verify customer information, orders, and payment details.
- Complete the necessary documentation associated with the sales process, ensuring that all information is accurate and timely.
- Aid the sales team with the commission process/administration.
- Manage all incoming calls, forwarding any information and messages to the relevant team members.
- Co-ordinate team schedules and set-up appointments on behalf of the sales team, ensuring the lead process has been followed.
- Manage the Syspro documentation uploads for the sales team ensuring that relevant information is both timely and accurate.
- Complete order information on the organisation’s database.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree/Diploma or similar (BCom advantageous)
- Sales/Marketing advantageous
- Driver’s License
- 3-5 years’ experience in Internal Sales/Business Development OR
- 3-5 years’ experience in Internal Account Management OR
- 3-5 years’ Internal Technical Sales into Africa and abroad (Advantageous)
- Peoples persons
- Motivated individual
- Self-confident and able to take self-initiative
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Act independently
- Problem Solver
- Relationship builder
- Forward thinker
- Easily adaptable to change
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office
- Have a full understanding of the Sales Cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- Strong time management skills
- Sensitive to foreign culture
- Strong numerical abilities
- Digital marketing research
- Must be able to work under pressure, act independently, maintain good relationships with stakeholders and be an effective problem solver