Applicants are invited to apply for a role within a dynamic company for that of Category Manager. The role based in Pietermaritzburg. The ideal candidate for this role has an engineering background from a manufacturing or mining environment, strong commercial and business acumen and bias, who has moved into a strategic sourcing role later in their career focussing on engineering and maintenance (MRO) spend.
The core requirements for the position include:
- Matric and a tertiary/degree qualification, ideally in commerce.
- At least 7 to 10 years in Procurement or Commercial role.
- An appropriate qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Commerce or Finance (or other relevant tertiary degree). Relevant post-graduate qualification, such as an MBA, MCIPS would be a distinct advantage.
- More than 5 years of relevant business / commercial experience which ideally includes category management and strategic sourcing of engineering and maintenance spend. Prior operational experience in maintenance and engineering of equipment in a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of strategic sourcing concepts and processes, and experience in driving total cost reductions within manufacturing or engineering industries
- Proven team leadership skills, management capability and experience
- Good attention to detail with the ability to sift through large volumes of information (spend data, specifications, market intelligence etc.) to solve problems and identify value opportunities
- Experience in establishing and managing contracts with a solid appreciation for typical contract requirements, structure and associated sections and clauses
- The ability to handle supplier negotiations using a fact-based, information-driven approach
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical thinking capability and skills, and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Send your CV to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note, due to high influx of CVs, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear back from a consultant within 5 to 10 days of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful this time around.