The successful applicant will assume overall responsibility for the management of the assembly operations.
Main responsibilities would include:
Manage, plan, control and integrate the following key performance areas within the area of responsibility:
- Productivity and Production Output
- Product Quality and continuous improvement initiatives in accordance with the Quality Management System
- Adherence to Systems and Procedures laid down in the Quality Management Systems
- Management, Development and Control of the Human Resources of the sections under the incumbents control / responsibility , in accordance with the Company's policies
- Ensure compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental requirements
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Department, ensure timely maintenance of equipment in accordance with maintenance schedules and that uptime of equipment is continually improved
- Cost centre budgeting and expenditure control.
- Production Management, Industrial Engineering or Engineering Diploma / Degree
- Appropriate knowledge / competence in the use of Production Management techniques
- Must have a strong Technical / Engineering background in an assembly environment with at least 10 year's experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a management position (Production environment preferable)
- Management in a automotive environment would be a distinct advantage