Contract Electrical Project Manager (Engineer), Ermelo/ Piet Retief, R Neg
3 year Fixed Term Contract.
To start in January 2021
- 10 + years Project Management experience with 5 years in large electrical construction /commercial / retail / manufacturing projects environment
- Bachelors Degree / Diploma/Equivalent in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer/Technologist with ECSA will be advantageous
- Formal Health & Safety Accreditation
- Qualification in Project Management would be advantageous
- 5 – 10 Years Management experience
- Trade Test Electrician (Wireman’s licence) would be advantageous
Responsible for successful planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure of large, strategic, and complex Power Control projects ensuring customer needs are met from order receipt through final acceptance.
Project manager will own complete project responsibility for the clear communication of project priorities, delivering project expectations, and identifying and mitigating risk among a cross-functional project team, all while representing the best interest of the business unit.
- Manage execution of assigned projects within the project budget and customer schedule.
- Lead and Manage project members of cross-functional teams and third party service providers/suppliers while maintaining overview and communication of the assigned projects.
- Primary customer contact for all post sales activities from handover to completion and will maintain the communication strategy as agreed with the customer.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding set project margins. Monitor and reconcile actual project estimates.
- Responsible for 3rd Party equipment, purchases, delivery and technical-commercial monitoring.
- Independently identifies, manages and mitigates project risks, resulting in proactive contingency planning as required.
- Prepares and negotiates Change Orders with the customer.
- Accountable for meeting project deadlines.
- Provide pre-sales support as required.
- Prepares and leads internal project reviews
- Provides presentations to project stakeholders and management on project status, margin forecast, lessons learned etc.
- Ensures that all project administration is completed and project files are maintained according to Client standards
- Promotes good relationships with internal and external customers.