Our client, a manufacturing company based in Paarl, is looking to employ Sales Engineers in their sub-assemblies and projects divisions.
- Preparation of quotations on jobs by negotiating and liaising with customers to finalise order and payment terms.
- Liaison with production on lead times, delivery dates and production methods.
- Liaison with the debtors’ department to ensure effective follow-up of age analysis of customers in portfolio.
- Determining stock levels for customer products.
- Continuous and proactive feedback to customers regarding progress of the job as well as other sales related information.
- Preparation of job for manufacturing, including all order information, all customer information relevant to debtors on required documentation, all customer requirements required to manufacture to customer specification on required documentation including material specification, material finish, and all required dimensions and planned labour activities.
- Effective handling of complete customer portfolio including follow up on returns, problems, queries and coordination or re-work or crediting the customer.
- Liaison with marketing is required for customer visits and support in marketing activities.
- Sustained performance at predetermined sales volume and profitability levels.
- Compiling information for the sales budget in terms of sales projections for customer base.
- Customer focus, gaining new customers and retaining current customers.
- Industry knowledge of materials, stainless- and mild steel.
- Understanding manufacturing process(es).
- Technical knowledge, computer literate, design, interpretation of drawings and manufacturing.
- Good understanding and ability to apply financial concepts such as mark up and gross profit.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or BTech Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a similar position (in the manufacturing environment).
Salary offered: R25 000 - R35 000 per month.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
NB: For applications to be considered it must include a CV and proof of minimum and relevant qualifications and experience – no application will be considered without it.
Please note there will be formal interviews and assessments. Should you not receive feedback within 10 days from closing date your application was not successful.