Our client, a company in the agricultural industry in Paarl, is looking at employing a Procurement Controller.
This position provides direct support to the production team, on SAP movements of plants, materials, and / or the overall procurement and control of raw material and consumables used in this area.
The candidate will work closely with the production team supervisors, team leaders, and other departmental managers from time to time. He / she coordinates SAP administration, procurement of production raw material stock, and consumables, and even deals with the logistical needs or requirement of the department from time to time.
Office setting, with some domestic travel may be required, and global collaboration with colleagues relating to SAP and other production systems.
Essential Duties: (Other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure that all movements of plant and material are on SAP.
- Receive plants and material from other departments (such as propagations) via SAP and verify the quantity, therefore.
- Co-ordinate all movements from one department to the next, from plants received until delivery of the plants to the customer.
- Ensure that SOP and conformance rules are met before any movements take place.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve variances with SAP (physical location vs system location).
- Work closely with management, production supervisors, and other departmental leaders with relation to all plant, materials, raw material, and consumable items.
Procurement and Stock Control:
- Control production raw material and consumable stocks according to minimum and maximum levels.
- Obtain approval from Production Manager for new consumable items, or stock items.
- Identify and investigate high levels of consumption of production raw material / consumable stock items.
- Run activity history and summary reports on production consumables to determine usages for different production departments.
- Responsible for the ordering and delivery of all raw material stock items and consumable parts to the nursery – g., pallets, substrate, pots, irrigation parts, general consumables, PPE, chemicals, and all related items used in production.
- Execute any request for the purchase of parts, and equipment which are kept as stock, or as approved by the production manager for this department.
- Coordinate the order and input all information of stock items into SAP, for BOM or other cost allocations.
- Monitor the booking in / out of all stock done with scanners, or other forms of issuing.
- Facilitate and manage stock takes – both formal and informal stock takes. Formal stock takes (quarterly), and informal stock takes (weekly cycle counts, and checks of existing stocks).
- Plant material and stock level variances – manage and control all variances – ensure that they are identified, investigate, and resolved (report to manager if necessary).
- Responsible for the effective depletion / scrapping of any stock items according to the usage or if the item is no longer needed in the nursery.
- Obtain competitive quotations, negotiate with service providers on pricing and / or discounts, and arrange delivery dates in line with production needs.
- Conduct random site inspections to maintain superior quality standard of raw material and production stocks, including plant material and method of storage.
- Work with production supervisors, and technical operations in procurement of raw material and consumable purchases within their department.
Logistics / Shipping:
- Assist with securing the day-to-day logistics activity for the production team, and coordinates efforts to purchase raw materials on time.
- Develops, implements, and executes internal controls to ensure compliance with local regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported / exported goods.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Training:
- A minimum of Grade 12 plus relevant certificates or National Diploma in related field of study (advantageous).
- 2 to 4 Years’ experience in similar role, preferably in a manufacturing, agricultural, or food processing industry.
- Strong administrative skills including professional etiquette essential.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to provide detailed reporting using Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience using an ERP system (SAP or similar) is compulsory.
- Strong alpha numeric data entry skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and sustain successful relationships with colleagues, suppliers, and service providers.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and work pressure.
- Ability to calculate figures and other numerical skills necessary.
- Collaborative team member, positive attitude, and exceptional organizational skills between colleagues.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Regular and reliable attendance at the primary place of business.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company values, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Bilingual in English and Afrikaans.
This position is office bound but will require the candidate to be available to work in a nursery setting, and / support the production team over weekends on a rotational basis.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at the company.
Position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement.
Salary: Market related salary.
Starting date: April 2021.
All applications will close by Sunday 14th February 2021 and any applications received after this date will not be considered.
Please forward your CV to us if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks’ time, please consider your application unsuccessful.