Our client, situated between Paarl and Franschhoek, is looking for an experienced HR Officer to join their team.
The HR Officer will be responsible for assisting in the development of HR procedures and processes as well as disciplinary and grievance hearings, Trade Unions negotiations and health and safety issues.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ work experience as an HR Officer.
- Trade Unions negotiations experience beneficial.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to LRA, BCEA, OHSA, EE, POPIA, SARS and UIF.
- Experience in the management of SDL, Employment Equity, Workman’s Compensation, administration of provident funds and medical aids.
- Assist with payroll administration.
- Knowledgeable on Covid-19 and be appointed Covid-19 Officer to oversee Covid-19 work policy and procedures.
- A good understanding and knowledge of HR / employment law and ensuring that these are conformed to.
- Developing the company’s HR procedures and policies in relation to staff.
- Act as first port of call to employees for all HR related queries.
- Handle the employee staff files / documentation, maintain and update employee records, contracts, and recruitment paperwork.
- Full recruitment and selection process.
- Administer the provident fund and medical aid with the various providers
- Assist with payroll administration
- Record keeping / updating of staff files and grading staff.
- Loading of new staff.
- Dealing with Workmen’s Compensation issues (filling out injury forms and submitting yearly Workmen’s Compensation assessment and requesting Letter of Good Standing).
- Compiling yearly Employment Equity documentation and submitting it.
- SDL (knowledge of SDL and advise on training, etc.).
- Issuing of warning and arranging hearings.
- Employment equity initiatives – ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Training and development of staff.
- Assisting with any other administrative tasks as and when they arise.
Area: Paarl and Franschhoek area.
Salary: R20 000 – R22 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks' time, please consider your application as unsuccessful.