Our client, a national wine sales and distribution company in the Western Cape, is looking for a highly experienced General Manager with a proven track record to oversee the company’s daily operations.
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated, and hardworking individual, someone who is passionate about the wine industry who can present the company in the portfolio to a wide range of trade clients.
Strong networks, organizational skills, with commercial awareness and excellent communication skills will be required.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a General Manager or Senior Operations Manager.
- 5+ Year's commercial experience, preferably in the Wine Industry / Commercial Distribution.
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.).
- Strong strategic commercial distribution background experience.
- Knowledge of logistics functions in a similar environment.
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and improve all day-to-day operations.
- Oversee and improve overall commercial distribution functions.
- Design strategies and set goals for growth.
- Effectively manage the company’s budgets and optimize expenses and report on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyse sales reports and ensure that Key Account, Sales Manager and sales staff are up to date with new opportunities.
- Following up on lost sales and oversee that all principals get a fair share of marketing and sales focus.
- Oversee HR processes, appointments and training of new employees.
- Analyse and manage day to day reporting to shareholders and designated principals.
- Identify, approach and sign-up of new principals.
- Effectively manage Key Account and Sales Managers.
- Oversee and manage stock rotation and stock management as well as all distribution and logistics channels.
This position requires to work flexible hours which could include evenings, and / or weekends or travel locally as required for special events and other trips.
Area: Paarl area.
Salary offered: R55 000 – R65 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV if you meet ALL the above requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.