Providing secretariat support to the Board:
- In preparing for and organising meetings. This entails drafting and finalising the agenda and packs, organising the logistics, minute taking, response, feedback to specific agenda items/matters arising.
- Undertaking any follow-up and maintaining professional relationships. Also, raise matters that warrant the Board’s attention.
- Preparing for and organising meetings. This entails drafting and finalising the agenda and packs, organising the logistics, minute taking, undertaking any follow-up, and maintaining professional relationships.
- Ensuring that the attendance register is signed by all attendees.
- Ensuring that members are paid for attendance of meetings.
- Carrying out appointments, retirements, resignations, and removal of Board Members.
- Registering Trustee Changes with the Master of the High Court.
- Monitoring internal activities of the organisation to ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring that the Board is aware of the obligations regarding legislation, regulations, and standards required by codes of best practice.
- Providing accurate and properly researched knowledge for the Board to make an informed decision.
- Acting as a central source of guidance and advice within the organisation on matters of business ethics and good governance.
- Formal submission of compliance-related documents (plans, budgets, Board minutes, annual financial statements.)
- Maintenance of Board, Committees, and other stakeholder Database and mailing lists
- Establishment and maintenance of a filing and document management system for the Secretariat.
- Policy drafting, review, and maintenance.
- Stand-in for the Director: Governance, Legal, and Board Secretariat.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Law or LLB.
- Possession of a CIS or Company Secretarial qualification advantageous.
- 5 years Company/ Board secretarial experience.
- Corporate Governance (Protocol on Corporate Governance in the Public Sector, King IV, governance best practice, corporate law).
- General knowledge of the broader political, economic, and social environment.
- Company/ Board Secretary experience advantageous.