Supply a support service to the engineering team in terms of improving availability, identifying root causes of failures and implementing counter measures to prevent failures and thereby increase/ sustain plant throughput.
- Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical (Heavy current).
- Computer literacy (Intermediate).
- Code 8 driver’s licence.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4 - 5 years’ working experience in a mechanical or electrical engineering field in a heavy industrial environment
- Government Certificate of Competence (Factories).
- Project Management qualification.
- Project management principles
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Tribology and vibration analysis, conditioned based monitoring
- OHS Act , ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and ISO 45000
- Reliability centred maintenance principles (RCM)
- Industrial processes, equipment
- Maintenance management systems (SAP, ONKEY or equivalent)
- Management of change (MOC)
- Fuel Lubricant Air Coolant (FLAC)
- Project management
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite, including MS Projects, SharePoint or equivalent)
- RCA techniques (Fish bone, 5 Why)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Investigate failures.
- Identify, initiate and execute plant modifications
- Record and report back on maintenance (Tribology and vibration analysis) related statistics
- Provide major shutdown assistance to the plant
- Keep abreast with the latest technology and changes in the engineering field
- Implement and maintain the fuel, lubricant, air and lubricant quality management plant wide.
- Adherence and Compliance to all HSEQ legislation, policy & procedures; at all times.
- Leading Successful high performing teams.
- Adhere to section Cost control measures, leading to improved efficiencies