The territory coverage includes all Public and Private Sector Hospitals. You will be responsible for selling the complete line of Advanced Wound dressings, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy and Skin Substitutes. The primary call points for this role include HOD’s, wound care nurses, surgeons and all other procurement (medical supply depo’s) call points where wound and skin care products are used /procured. The candidate must be people-oriented with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build lasting relationships. The position reports to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Achieve and exceed agreed sales targets in the geographical area and within an allocated budget.
- Build and maintain favourable contacts/relationships with current and potential accounts, both contracted and non-contracted.
- Acquire and maintain intense knowledge of products and strategy and apply those within own accounts.
- Acquire and maintain intense knowledge of Company competitor strategy and products in geographical area. (Provincial)
- Educate customer on product use and benefits.
- Establish and maintain professional communications with all departments within the company.
- Builds and maintains favourable strong relationships with key opinion leaders to enhance the professionalism of the company.
- Maintains awareness of changes and development in health care practices and processes.
- Ensures relevant reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Enters report data in company database, and submit these timeously to relevant parties as well as the Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Provides training and conducts workshops for hospital employees and doctors to ensure that company products are well understood by existing and potential customers.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Full understanding of Government Sector business
- Tertiary qualification (diploma/degree)– Marketing, Medical field, BSc, Medical Technology, Nursing
- Effective written and verbal skills.
- Computer Literate (MS word, excel, ppt)
- Must be well organised, attention to detail, plan well and use own initiative.
- Have an understanding of marketing strategies.
- Understanding of people and their needs.
- Ability to be patient and educate effectively
- Valid Driver’s License
A minimum of five years working experience within a sales environment in a medical field.
Proven track record of sales targets, and growing market share.
Nursing or other medical experience would be an advantage.