Our client in the clothing retail industry is looking for a dynamic Area Manager, to cover Mthatha, the Transkei, and Surrounding Areas.
Extensive travelling required!
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Post Matric qualification is advantageous (e.g. Operations Management Diploma / Degree, or Retail NQF 5 / Diploma, or other relevant qualification).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Clothing Retail operations environment, as a Manager or Store Manager.
- Valid Driver’s License – Code 8 unendorsed.
- Willingness to travel.
- Computer Literate: Microsoft Office.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES):
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- A proven ability to manage staff and ensure maximum productivity.
- The Area Manager is responsible for all operations in his / her business unit.
- The Area Manager assists the Operations Manager to make careful considerations of all aspects in the business unit before making a business decision.
- The Area Manager is responsible (with the Operations Manager) for business unit goals, decisions, plans, implementation and evaluation of performance.
- Responsible for the branch as a whole, ensuring that the outside of the store is kept neat and tidy and that inside fixtures and fittings are accounted for and maintained.
- Co-ordination of janitorial and repair services.
- Is responsible for all stock and will be held accountable for all overages and shortages.
- Should ensure control of inventory.
- Prepare requisitions to replenish stock. Identify and report on slow selling items.
- Stock loss action plan.
- Manage the quality and quantity aspects of the merchandise assortments.
- Co-ordinate the layout of shelves and merchandise of seasonal and sale displays.
- Identify new ways of promoting merchandise.
- Ensure required housekeeping standards at all times.
- Ensure that there is an equal standard throughout the stores.
Marketing and Sales
- Manage the implementation of all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited.
- Achieve and exceed store sales targets.
- Actively participate in promotions, stay up to date with current advertising and provide sales leadership to staff.
- Stay current with products, marketing and pricing of area retailers with similar products.
Admin and Cash
- Ensure that the standard of administration and procedures in store are met.
- Make certain that business direction and strategies are followed.
- Ensure that the responsible persons are following proper procedures when handling all store cash. Check and verify these documents daily.
- Manage controllable expenses as this directly affects the profitability of the branch.
Management of Staff
- Assign employees to specific duties.
- Encourage, assist and train employees to become a motivated sales force.
- Manage performance and development of staff.
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are being followed and enforce disciplinary action when necessary.
- Determine when extra temporary staff is needed and recruit same.
- Manage the security in all aspects of the business and ensure that security procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor security staff and make sure that they are alert and performing their duties to the maximum.
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to apply a friendly and enthusiastic manner on a daily basis.
- Train staff in customer service.
- Assist customers with enquiries and complaints.
- Continuously satisfy customer needs and attract clientele.