Our regional client is looking to recruit, with immediate effect, an experienced General Sales Manager (2IC to Dealer Principle) for their prestigious Mthatha (Eastern Cape) auto dealership. A long term senior management career beckons within this Group for the appointed candidate.
The main duties and responsibilities will include inter alia:
- Formulating dealership sales forecasts of new and used vehicle sales, gross and operating profits as well as expenses for the new and used car sales departments
- Ensure that the Sales team plan and implement objectives for achieving sales and gross profits
- Hold weekly sales meetings with the Sales Manager and Sales Executives to review vehicle sales and gross profits sales team and conduct sales training where required
- Co-ordinating the appropriate supply of new and used vehicles and purchasing vehicle stock accordingly
- Identifying new and emerging markets in the greater Mthatha/Transkei area
- Working with the Group Marketing Manager on recommendations for short and long term marketing and advertising plans and sales promotions
- Attending to customer complaints and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained
- Auditing all appraisals on trade-in vehicles
- Leading and motivating the sales team consisting of a Sales Manager and five Sales Executives.
The ideal candidate will ideally:
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the Mthatha/Transkei market
- Have at least three years sales management experience in a franchise dealership sales environment
- Strong communication skills to and the ability to professionally deal with customers, employees and suppliers
The remuneration package will consist of:
- A competitive basic salary
- A company vehicle
- A 50% company contribution to a Medical Aid
- An 8% of basic salary contribution to a Retirement Fund
This is a new position that is being created to grow our new and used car market share in the Mthatha / Transkei region.